The Charleston RiverDogs are the Lowcountry’s semi-pro baseball team… and they know how to put on a great game!
The Riverdogs have had a very exciting season this year. Yesterday, the Dogs won both games of a doubleheader against Augusta, improving their record to 69-61. Charleston edged Augusta in a close first game, 3-2. But it was the second game when the excitement really started. Trailing 8-0, the Dogs rallied to tie the game and force extra innings. In the 11th inning, Charleston scored to win the game, 9-8.
Only 8 games remain this season, with only 5 of those being home games. This means your chances are limited in enjoying a night at the ballpark. The RiverDogs finish the season with a five game homestand against the Savannah Sand Gnats. The first of the five games is on Thursday, Sept. 3.
Each night boasts an exciting promotion that you’re sure to love. Check out the schedule below:
Thirsty Thursday / Midget Wrestling Night #2
Date: Thursday, Sept. 3, 2009
Time: 7:05 p.m.
- Every Thursday is a Thirsty Thursday offering beer for $1 at the Ashley View Pub.
- They’re back! This Thursday marks the return of Midget Wrestling Night. Stick around post-game for an exciting wrestling match featuring Little Kato vs. Beautiful Bobby!
- Thirsty Thursday / Midget Wrestling Night is presented by 95 SX.
Friday Night Fireworks / Red Shirt Friday / Ed Randall’s Bat for the Cure
Date: Friday, Sept. 4, 2009
Time: 7:05 p.m.
- Every Friday is a Gene Reed Toyota Fireworks Night. Join the RiverDogs for a dazzling display of pyrotechnics immediately following the game.
- Fridays are Force Protection Red Shirt Fridays, so wear a red shirt and get $1 off a walk-up ticket price. Fans then have the option to donate that dollar to a military family with parents fighting overseas.
- It’s also Ed Randall’s Bat For The Cure! There will be free Prostate Exams at the ballpark in the effort to prevent prostate cancer.
- Fireworks Night / Red Shirt Friday is presented by Gene Reed Toyota, Force Protection Industries, Inc. and WEZL 103.5 FM
Paint-it-Yourself Bobblehead Giveaway
Date: Saturday, Sept. 5, 2009
Time: 7:05 p.m.
- Are you a budding artist? Then show off your skills when you come to the Joe for the Paint-it-Yourself Bobblehead giveaway. The first 1,000 fans this Saturday will receive a free plain bobblehead and a set of paints to decorate their player in their favorite team colors.
- The Paint-it-Yourself Bobblehead Giveaway is presented by WCSC-TV 5.
Date: Sunday, Sept. 6, 2009
Time: 5:05 p.m.
- Throughout the season, Sunday home games are packed with fun, from face painting and inflatables on the concourse, to Reading with the RiverDogs and families playing catch in the outfield prior to the game. Plus, the team and Charlie will be signing autographs after the game!
- And, there’s free parking and kids eat free!
- Family Sunday is presented by CCPRC and Star 99.7 FM.
Dogs with a Cause Night / SC Blue Store Fan Appreciation Day / Season Finale Fireworks
Date: Monday Sept. 7, 2009
Time: 6:05 p.m.
- This Monday is SC Blue Store Fan Appreciation Day. The RiverDogs will be showing their thanks for fan support by giving away prizes, jerseys, baseball memorabilia and more all night long.
- The RiverDogs will cap off the Season Finale with Fireworks!
- Every Monday is also a Dogs with a Cause Night where the RiverDogs team up with a local non-profit organization. This Monday, the Ronald McDonald House Charities will be raising money and awareness for their cause.
- Dogs with a Cause Night / Fan Appreciation Day / Season Finale Fireworks is presented by SC Blue Store.
For ticket information, visit the RiverDogs’ Web site or call 843-577-3647.